Thursday, December 2, 2010

Out class week 2

wish clause
http://www.testyourenglish.net/english-online/subjects/wishcl.html

1. Wishes about the present and the future.
If you want to talk about your present situation. You can use this struction wish + past simple or continuous. For example
-I haven't got any money. I wish I had some money.
-I don't earn much money. I wish I earned a lot of money.
In the same from you can be use to talk in other situation.This structure is used to talk anther person and generally about things you don't like. The structure is wish+would/could+infinitive. For example.
-I wish you would keep borrowing money from me.

2.Wishes about the future and the present.
When you talk about the future, you use the same structure as you use to talk about present states. In the theory this cases can't be changed. For example
-I have to go to dentist tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to go to the dentist tomorrow.

3.Wishes about the past
When you think about a situation in the past,naturally. You can't do anything to change it. The structure you use is wish+past perfect. For excample.
-You were too slow getting ready to go out. I wish you hadn't been so slow getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment