Wednesday, December 22, 2010

(Week 6 ) in class

Today I learn about If clause, dependent clause and indipendent clause.
If clause is conditional sentences. If clause consists of 2 parts are if clause and main clause.For example If clause sentenses.
-If I miss the bus this afternoon, I will catch get a taxi instead.
If clause can divide as follows.
1. Present /real or possible. The structure is If+V1+will,shall,can,etc+V1. For example
-If he don't come to me, I will go to him.
2. Present /unreal or impossible. The structure is If+V2+would, could, should,etc+V1.For example -If I were a single child, I would be very lonely.
In this structure use "were" with all subject.
3.past unreal. The structure is If+had+V3+Modolidy(can, should,may,etc).For exameple
-Noone told me that you were in hospital.If had know visited you I would have.
Furthermore If clause,I learn about independent clause and dependent clause. Independent clause is a complete thought.the mearning is clear. An indipendent clause a sentence. Dependent clause is not a complete idea. It's not sentence because the mearning is not clear.
Today I review about if clause, dependent clause and independent clause.And I understanding more. I can use in English class at University.

No comments:

Post a Comment